WE NEED YOUR HELP!Presenting the Gregory's Gift of Hope Fostering Program
Gregory's Gift of Hope is in great need of both cat volunteers and dog walkers. Our program cannot survive without volunteers! If you are interested in becoming a Gregory's Gift of Hope volunteer click here for more information.
Fostering is a much simpler form of adoption. Foster parents take in and care for one of the many rescue animals at Gregory’s Gift of Hope. You get all the joys of owning a rescue animal with out the long term commitment for the animal. Gregory’s Gift of Hope is implementing this foster program to try and assist the many animals who need assistance in our community in need of homes. We do not have the space needed to house these animals but with your help we can continue to provide service for these deserving animals.
Fostering an animal can be an incredibly rewarding experience. If you want a dog or a cat, but you can’t make a long-term commitment just yet, fostering is a great option to consider. You’ll get the experience of being a pet parent and the satisfaction of knowing you helped save the life of an animal in need.
5 ways an animal may benefit from a foster home:
1. More socialization: A foster home allows for lots of family time and attention, better preparing the animal for his or her forever home.
2. More exercise: A dog with a backyard is going to get more activity than a shelter situation can typically provide.
3. Less stress: Some animals become very stressed in a shelter environment, making it harder to appeal to potential adopters. A relaxed space allows these animals to thrive.
4. Time and space for recuperation: Dogs and cats that are recovering from an illness or injury do a lot better in a quiet, comfortable environment where they can heel.
5. Time for puppies and kittens to reach adoption age: Sometimes, litters come into shelters and the animals aren’t old enough to be adopted. A foster situation allows these young animals the time and space to grow and thrive. If the mother comes into the shelter with the litter, she will likely be placed in the foster home as well.
If you are interested in becoming a foster parent please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (715) 246-7579. As well as download the foster application here.
Supporter Gregory's Gift of Hope using the new Goodshop app!
free, iOS Goodshop app helps your supporters save money with the best coupons at
more than 5,000 stores and a donation is made to your cause for virtually every
Gregory's Gift of Hope Summer Hours:
Wednesdays-- 9am-12noon & 5pm-8pm
Sundays-- 9am-12noon & 5pm-8pm
Saturdays-- 9am-12noon & 5pm-8pm
Wednesdays 9 am -12 noon & 5pm - 8pm
Saturdays 9am - 12 noon & 5pm - 8pm
Sundays 9am- 12 noon & 5pm - 8pm
times MUST be by Appointment only. We appreciate you wanting to adopt a
rescue animal but with limited manpower we must always make sure the
animals are our 1st priority. Thank you in advance for you’re
cooperation in this matter
Gregory’s Gift of Hope is
a not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing a safe,
comfortable shelter for abandoned, homeless and unwanted animals in St.
Croix County. We will strive to assist the community in the prevention
of animal suffering and abuse through rescuing and re-homing of
Gregory’s Gift of Hope
will attempt to educate the community through general awareness to the
problem through advertising and fundraisers and through educational
awareness made by visits to schools.